Father Ian and the children recently reviewed the role of Worship Leaders within our school in the summer term 2017. As a result the term was changed to Worship Acolytes as Father Ian felt that this reflected the leadership role in school worship.
Children from Year 3 and Year 4 wrote a letter of application to Father Ian who reviewed these and appointed a smaller group.
These children will be working to plan the worship with Father Ian and develop a short action plan for the year.
We have met with Father Ian and this is our plan following on from our discussion:
- Update our Peace Garden and hold some reflection sessions there.
- Plan to have a Eucharist Service with Father Ian and invite families in once a term in school.
- Find out about organising a Worship Club.
- Organise some charitable events.
- Plan our worship for the term.
- Visit and observe worship in local school.